Re: bt7doorlatches

To: <tld6008@mchsi.com>
Subject: Re: bt7doorlatches
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:20:06 -0500
Hi Tim,
This sounds to me to be a case of the striker not sitting out proud enough
to fully engage the latch pin adequately into the striker hole. It is
probably contacting too shallow into the hole and with the flexing of the
striker in its rubber bushing, the pin is popping free of the hole.
The answer would be to pack more spacers in behind the alloy shut plate to
bring the striker into deeper contact with the latch assembly.
Rich Chrysler