Re: wishey washers

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wishey washers
From: John Loftus <loftusdesign@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 13:57:33 -0700
Thanks for all the replies (including the ones off list). Some questions
have been asked, theories proposed and  washers sighted (I think I'll
call them "double D" washers ... something catchy about that phrase).
Here's additional info and what I have learned so far:

1. There have been no Jag's in the panel beaters shop since day one.
2. The oil sump washers do have a similar shape but I remember them
being smaller (1.25" x .50"?)
3. The OEW paint with red primer is consistent with the rest of the body
fasteners.
4. The vast majority of the fender washers on my car are the single D type.
4. Larry Swift said they look like the fender washers on his car (BT7).
5. Barry Thysell found the same washers on his BN4, can't remember where
they came from but it was from the wings.
6. Ray Juncal has them in his "what the heck" pile.

So keep your eyes out for the double D's. Pictures with any sighting
would be appreciated ;)

Cheers,
John