Re: 100 BN2 [hypoid axle] halfshaft oil seal

To: Michael Gougeon <kaynmike.bham@juno.com>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 100 BN2 [hypoid axle] halfshaft oil seal
From: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 13:36:02 +0100 (BST)
Mike,

Thanks for the encouragement. Question - do Sears really stock this [what I
thought was a special] eight sided socket??

Rgds

Mike
'56 BN2

Michael Gougeon <kaynmike.bham@juno.com> wrote:
Mike
Do it.I'm a cabinetmaker and it all went well for me. The parts are cheap
and after you have the big socket-Sears and in stock-it's really not that
complex. I had a puller nearby, but didn't need it. The only thing I
encountered was the realization that the thin paper gasket is actually a
spacer and merely making up a gasket out of some other material could
cause problems. Just get all seals, gaskets,etc. that COULD apply and
you'll do ok.
Mike Gougeon
55BN2