Re: 100 BN2 [hypoid axle] halfshaft oil seal

To: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: 100 BN2 [hypoid axle] halfshaft oil seal
From: "Chris Dimmock" <cd3000@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:06:36 +1000
Hi Keith

The easiest way to refill the diff after you reassemble it is just before
you reinsert the last axle.

i.e one side high, diff pumpkin in, other axle in - then pour the required
volume of oil straight into the banjo tube before you insert the last
axle... then. Insert axle, drop back to level - then undo the filler pug &
check the level.

Sure beats grovelling around underneath, trying to pump oil in.....

Of course - it only saves time & effort if you pour in the correct measured
quanity - then check it when the car is level....

:)

Chris
www.myaustinhealey.com