RE: LHT nut for door check strap

To: "'davidwjones'" <davidwjones@cox.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: LHT nut for door check strap
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 06:08:07 +0100
  _____

From: davidwjones [mailto:davidwjones@cox.net]
Sent: 12 May 2005 05:29
To: Simon Lachlan; healeys@autox.team.net

My question is...... since the nut is kept from rotating by the
"spanner"..... and the bolt is welded to the bracket.... What would it
matter, if the LHT side stud and nut were replaced with RHT hardware??   I'm
at a loss to why they went to the LHT trouble on them originally, if both
threaded pieces are locked in place......

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA

Think about it. You are moving the doors in different directions. One side
would be loosening the fitting while the other tightened.

Simon.