AUHC at Summit Point

To: caahc@yahoogroups.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: AUHC at Summit Point
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 20:05:42 EDT
There were two qualifying runs for Healeys today and it was awesome  seeing
approximately thirty Healeys (mostly big with a few Sprites and one
Silverstone) gridded up and running around the track at high speeds.   I doubt
there
will ever be better opportunities to see so many  well-prepared and well-driven
Healeys in one place than we can at the  AUHC.

I do not have qualifying times but Paul Freestone and Tim Pyne (AUS) and
Jeff Johnk (US) seemed to be running at the front of the pack in this
afternoon's event.  I can tell you that there was much spirited driving and
the sites
and sounds of so much Healey iron roaring around the circuit  sure thrilled me!

For those planning to be in attendance tomorrow be sure to ask for the $5
discount when you come through the gate and if you're in your Healey please
park
 at the Austin-Healey Corral set up just inside the entrance gate adjacent to
the  Carousel--turn left after entering the gate and look for the
Austin-Healey  sign.  This space has been reserved for us by the friendly folks
at Summit
 Point Raceways.

There's a full day of racing (you can get the schedule on the Jefferson 500
website) starting in the morning.  The All-Healey race is scheduled to kick
off at 1:30 PM tomorrow and remember that we will be having a drawing at the
Corral for parking spots at the June 2 Australian Embassy  reception photo-op
in DC.  Again, anyone at the track tomorrow in  a Healey who is willing to
commit to attending the photo-op at 5:30 PM is  eligible to put his name in the
hat--results will be announced at the track  immediately following the AUHC
race.

In addition to the racers I saw Bob Brown of the Chicagoland club, Bruce
Hurley, Charlie Baldwin and Del Borders of AHS&TC, Charley  Braum of  the Three
Rivers AHC, Bill Emerson and Melody Cooke and Bill and Patty Nalley of  the
Capital Area AHC--I'm sure I have already forgotten some other  folks.

BTW Jim Smith of Bluechip racing and this list is out of tomorrow's event
with a cracked block but will be at VIR in a few weeks.

That's about it from here--weather forecast for tomorrow is good and I hope
to see lots of you at the track.  Feel free to walk down to the pit area  and
meet the racers--they're a great bunch of folks and extremely friendly and
accessible.

Best--Michael Oritt