Re: BJ8 brakes not immediately realeasing and brake light

To: Dave Murphy <roadwarriordave@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: BJ8 brakes not immediately realeasing and brake light
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 13:17:39 +0800
Dave -

1) Either your servo needs rebuilding, or your brake caliper pistons
are corroded and need replacing.  Both of these items will cause these
symptoms, and in some cases a combination of the two will cause them.
I suspect your servo needs rebuilding, however, so I would try that
first.  If that doesn't fix it, then you need to take the calipers off
the car and check the caliper pistons for corrosion on the chrome
outer face,  If it has corrosion there, that is you problem.

2)  You have a bad brake light switch.  Replace it with a new one,
they are cheap.  You will have to bleed the system anyway when you fix
the servo, so you should fix both at the same time so you only have to
bleed the system once.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8