Re: seeking parts

To: James Shope <healeymanjim@JoiMail.com>, healeys
Subject: Re: seeking parts
From: John Peak <redbn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 19:52:35 -0700 (PDT)
Jim,

Please share the name of the "major healey outfit on the east coast".  It is
every bit as valuable to hear of bad experiences as good ones with vendors, but
while we are quick to sing the praises of those that meet or exceed our
expectations, we seem reluctant to point out those that fail to do so.  Why
protect the guilty?  If your experiences with this vendor are out of character,
others will quickly counter.  If others express similar disappointments  the
rest of us can avoid making the same mistake, the vendor will be weeded out,
and the breed will be strengthened.  Just my $.02.

John Peak
'59 BN7

James Shope <healeymanjim@joimail.com> wrote:
working on a phase 1 bj8 and need rebuildable speedo, heater and fan, center
console, and a rear seat back. this car was rebuilt by a major healey outfit
on the east coast, but it sure has a lot of what i call "redneck
engingeering." wires cut and spliced incorrectly, hoses and tubes incorrectly
placed, (some dangerous) and lots of wrong bolts and nuts either wrong or
missing. sure glad they never worked on my car!! BTW does anyone have the
phone or e-mail address for MO-MA manufacturing in albuquerque? need to get
in touch. healeymanjim