Solenoid button, parts, wheels

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Solenoid button, parts, wheels
From: "Edward Anderson" <eandy01@tcnmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 16:00:58 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, I'll do 4 entries in 1. 1st,I said I am elec challenged, after 4
Healeys I just now find there is a button on the solenoid. Why? 2nd, I
found out about MGC parts often being the same as AH way back from a
reliable guy at a junk yard in SoCal when I found a set of 72 spoke
chromes on a MGCGT. (Never happen again). At that time only choice was
paint or chrome, I believe, now there is stainless as well. ? is chrome or
ss? Surface rust is maybe easier to remove from chrome but more likely to
pit, ss rusts more readily. Best choice? 3rd, re parts. Unfortunately, the
times we are living in look like an undesirable phase of evolution. Too
many act. believe they're "special" and can do as they please and too many
make claims they can't back up. My vocation is arch. and construction.
Licences only mean the state got paid a fee. Far too many "contractors"
talk the talk but really can't do squat right, and it's giving the
business a bad name. Natch it's not just const. But, even the best can
goof up, the diff is what gets done to make 'good'. Another major interest
is furniture making, being the classic New England stuff. I've just this
yr. been able to buy a full set of top machinery and for $ bought at
Amazon. I hope I'm not alone in making a point of reading the user
comments. They are there for very good reason. Now ,preachy or not, it's
becoming evermore important for people to speak up and let crap be known.
If it's wrong the 'adult' can always make a correction. 4th on the
alternator conversion ( thanx for grt. input so far), I like the idea of
better power from alt. but do you need to change out voltage reg as well?
Gracias
Ed had 57,60,59&61 tri carb and all big AH