Re: Texas Coolers

To: "Don" <don@anglesey.us>, "'tammie wall'" <whammie@iopener.net>,
Subject: Re: Texas Coolers
From: "Chris Dimmock" <cd3000@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 21:01:31 +1000
Hi Don

Breaking the original metal fan blades is neither new, or uncommon.

Patrick Quinn Esq. wrote this about a 6 hour relay race back in 1973:

"Having a fan blade coming adrift is serious enough but as it made its
escape it sliced through the radiator inlet pipe on the top header tank
before bouncing off the underneath of the bonnet and slicing back through
the header tank and into the radiator itself."

http://www.myaustinhealey.com/calder_73_story_pat_quinn.html

Best

Chris