Re: trunnion bush length

To: rusd@velocitus.net
Subject: Re: trunnion bush length
From: John Loftus <loftusdesign@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:46:09 -0700
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

My problem with the new bushes is that the metal sleeve was longer than
what was in there before and consequently would bottom out well
before the fulcrum bolt could be fully tightened (the nut would not go on
deep enough to expose the hole for the cotter pin) nor the cross bolt on
the
shock arms (there was still an air gap between the shock arms)

I did follow the manual instructions with the 2" spacer block and I've done
this assembly job before and everything went together properly. With the
new bushes
the task was impossible until I "corrected" the part length. I'm pretty sure
the current Moss parts are wrong.

Cheers,
John