trunnion bush length

To: "healey (E-mail)" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: trunnion bush length
From: John Loftus <loftusdesign@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:14:00 -0700
When tying to install new trunnion bushes (rubber bushes with steel
sleeve positioned between the ends of the two shock arms) I was running
into great difficulty getting the shock arms to bottom in the middle
where the cross bolt fastens them together. I compared the new bushes
with the old and found the steel inner sleeve to be appreciably longer
on the new ones (approx. .95" compared with .875" for the old). I ground
the inner side of the new ones down to the .875" length (with bench top
belt sander) and everything fit together properly. I plan to bring this
to Moss' attention but curious if others have run into this and to alert
others who may face the same problem.

Cheers,
John