Re: BN4 Water Pump

To: frogeye <frogeye@swcp.com>, <ggilliam@usol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BN4 Water Pump
From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:34:29 -0700
The original seal was a spring loaded carbon ring running on a metal (I
think brass) surface. Running in helps bed in the running surfaces. Coolant
will keep it from bedding in.

When I first started my BN1 the water pump leaked profusely. I removed it
and chucked the shaft in a 1/2 inch dril and spun it for about 30 seconds.
It hasn't leaked a drop since.

Bill Lawrence