Gas line filter

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas line filter
From: "Fred Wescoe" <fredwescoe@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 17:03:37 -0400
Bill,

As many on the list have mentioned, I also have installed 2 in line fuel
filters.  One between the tank and the Facet pump and a glass one in the
braided line just before the float bowls.  The glass one always shows the air
in the top of the filter and there has been no problem.

At first, I tried to tilt the glass filter to rid it of the air, thinking it
would cause a problem.  The air always returns and has never been a problem to
the car.  The only problem I have ever had with the glass filter is the one in
my mind!

Move on to other things!

Fred
BJ7

In a recently installed a large gas line filter,installed just  before
the front carb.  I have a large air bubble in the top of the filter.
When the car is running air bubbles come up though  the filter from the
bottom so it appears that air is being sucked into the line.  Is this
normal or is there is a problem and would this cause a engine miss.
This is the first time this car has seen a  gas filter.   Thanks for
comments.

Bill Pollock 100-6