Re: Reverse Gear Lockup

To: Terry Blubaugh <tblubaugh@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Reverse Gear Lockup
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:48:10 -0600
Hi Terry,

Although the throttle switch may have had some problems, it would not
account for the OD staying engaged in reverse gear. The gear box 3-4
switch is "down stream " of the circuits & should release the solenoid
any time the GB is NOT in 3 or 4 gear. You may still have a problem. See
the attached schematic & description of the OD control circuits. This
document will be automatically removed on the "list" copy.

Dave Russell
BN2

Terry Blubaugh wrote:
 > Hi All,
 >
 > Thanks to all the great listers who responded to my question re:
 > reverse gear lockup.  I must have received thirty emails offering
 > suggestions.  Some as far away as Germany and The Netherlands.
 >
 > As most of you suggested, the problem turned out to be an OD that was
 >  still engaged.  However, the real culprit was the throttle relay
 > shaft bearing/grommet that seats in the bulkhead, and holds the back
 > end of the shaft where the control rod drops down.  The bearing had
 > torn out of the large grommet over the years, allowing the horizontal
 >  relay shaft to drop down, causing the OD throttle switch to become
 > out of adjustment.  Because of this, the OD would not release.
 >
 > Thanks for all your help.  This is a great list.
 >
 > Terry Blubaugh
 >
 > BTW, I drove the Healey about 200 miles over the weekend, and there
 > is no apparent damage to the OD.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of AH
OD MK1 UP Schematic.jpg]