RE: New to British Cars

To: "'Ned Smith'" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>,
Subject: RE: New to British Cars
From: "Jim LeBlanc" <jleblanc@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:02:25 -0500
Hi Ned:

Translating British into American can be a challenge. After some 40 years at
this hobby (I used to call these cars "transportation") I find the parts
manuals to be an excellent source for strange nomenclature. It is a bit
difficult to scan every page for the right word, but with the pictures you
can get close to the area of the car you are working on and then you can
read the parts list.

On Doors, page 3 I find "Draught rolls, door hinge pillars and scuttle, 23"
quantity 4, part number 14B 2533. All this from the AH 100 parts manual that
used to belong to Conway Motors in San Diego, CA.

Best Regards,

Jim LeBlanc
1956 100-M