heater fan sucks

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: heater fan sucks
From: john lakie <doelakie@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:00:20 -0700 (PDT)
It's not very often that I've had to turn on the
heater fan on my BJ8 but it's proven to be pretty
ineffetive whenever the need arises.  As I make more
and more use of the car it's becoming a problem when
the windshield "fogs" up reducing my visibility. At
first I just assumed that the  duct work to the vents
on the dash were not correctly fitted or perhaps the
vents were partially plugged, but all seemed to be in
order.  I could here the fan run, but was unable to
detect any noticeable airflow.
Eventually, I came to discover that whan I put my hand
over the intake duct (behind the front grill), air was
actually being blown out, not being drawn in.  Would
this be something as simple as reversing the
electrical connections to the fan, as this car was
converted over to negative ground years ago; or has
the fan motor been installed backwards???
thanks in advance,
John Lakie
65 BJ8