Re: heater fan sucks

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: heater fan sucks
From: Warthodson@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:03:14 EDT
My heater blower ('64 BJ8) is not installed so I just did some bench testing.
I connected the ground lead to the positive terminal & the power lead to the
negative terminal. The fan rotated clockwise when looking into the 4" blower
inlet & blew air out the 31/4" blower discharge.  When the leads were reversed
the motor continued to rotate in a clockwise direction at the apparent same
speed. I.E. The motor rotates the same direction regardless of polarity. I
agree
with those that have pointed out that it would be almost impossible to
reverse the ducting to the blower. It would also be almost impossible to
install the
fan on the motor shaft backwards (reversed 180 degrees) because the fan is
open on one side only to allow air to enter the fan wheel.
Gary Hodson
Bonner Springs, KS