RE: heater fan sucks

To: "'William Moyer'" <William.Moyer@millersville.edu>,
Subject: RE: heater fan sucks
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:31:39 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-healeys@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-healeys@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of William Moyer
Sent: 15 September 2005 11:46
To: healeys@autox.team.net

While I have occasionally turned the heater on in the vain hope that it
would
act as a secondary radiator I've never once noticed any change in the
cockpit
temperature (and yes, the valve is open, the tubes are connected, etc.) in
the
30 years I've owned the car.  Come to thnk of it, the engine heat has never
changed due to that ploy either.  I don't think it matters much if the fan
sucks or blows, the heater may have psychological benefit but the exhaust
pipe
heat from under the seat is much more reliable.  IMHO.

Bill Moyer, BJ7

In the 30 yrs you've had the car, have you ever cleaned out the matrix? Mine
was almost solid. It cleaned out very easily and returned to - I suppose -
its best efforts.
Did it make much difference? A little.
Is it worth the trouble? Not unless you're in that area and have better
access than usual....dash off for example.
I don't sit on top of my exhaust like you guys do, so have to drive further
to get that effect and now I've got a bigger bore side exit system I waste
the exhaust heat faster than I once did. Oh well.
Simon.