Re: Cruising just fine

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cruising just fine
From: N5572B@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 01:50:38 EDT
In a message dated 9/16/05 8:31:25 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
GSFuqua1@aol.com writes:

>Another idea for the hopper is to find someone who has a Speedo  Gun.  NO
NOT
>THE POLICE!!  Ha ha  Many schools now have  them for baseball, etc.  There
may
>also be a local speed strip  that would have one.  If you could find one
then
>you could make  several passes at different speeds as Mike suggested and
know
>exactly  what you are doing speed wise.

Another way is to get an inexpensive GPS unit, one for  camping/hunting is
sufficient.  It will give you very accurate speed  measurements (in a straight
line, they get thrown off when you go around a  corner).  Then you could do
your own testing.  Pick an indicated speed  and see what it actually is.  Go
through the range and track the actual  versus indicated.  Works for me, and
then
you can give Mo Ma good  data.  Of course, if they can only do it by cable
revs, that could be a  problem.    Is it possible you missed two or three in
your
 measurements?
Dave Duffey
59 BT 7 project