Re: Carb Gaskets

To: Robert Poague <rapoague@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Carb Gaskets
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:10:03 +0800
Bob -
 There is no need for gasket sealers here. Because of the high heat, sealers
may cause dissassembly problems later.
 Manifold gaskets work best when they are mounted clean and dry. Light bolt
pressure is all you need to maintain the intake vacuum... ~ 20 - 30 ft lbs
torque only. The intake manifold gaskets are designed to work this way...
haven't had to replace or seal the manifold gaskets on my BJ8 in 15 years...
 For the manifold to header gasket, I'd recommend using anti-seize on the
copper, however.
 Best Regards,
 Alan
 '53 BN1 '64 BJ8