Re: Still stumped

To: AH@jharper.demon.co.uk
Subject: Re: Still stumped
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 07:53:46 EDT
In a message dated 10/5/2005 3:50:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
AH@jharper.demon.co.uk writes:
However so long as the starter turns the engine fast enough then none of
this matters. The float chambers should contain more than enough fuel to
last until the engine starts at which point the pump should restart on
its own.

Perhaps this is what is happening; the pump is not restarting when full
voltage is reinstated. This could perhaps be incorrect pump throw-over
setting.
Yes, the pump (this is a FACET, not an SU, that I am using) is not
restarting.  Your theory makes a lot of sense and may explain why wiring
directly to the
battery resolves the problem as the battery may act as a buffer and maintain
voltage, etc. etc.

BTW I am using a high-torque starter--maybe it just draws too much current,
though I have no problem with the same set-up in my 100!  I will redo all
connections this morning, etc. etc.

Thanks--Michael