Re: Oil Pressure '65 BJ8

To: Doug Newton <dnewton@nappco.com>
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure '65 BJ8
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:43:07 -0600
Hi Doug,

It's possible that a restrictive filter could drop the oil pressure 10 -
20 psi. Most filters have a built in pressure relief/bypass valve set at
10 - 20 psi to prevent complete blockage if the filter is plugged. It's
also possible for a filter's ports to not perfectly line up with the
adapter holes. But you said that you have used this filter before, so
not likely.

Another possibility is that the pressure relief/regulator  valve is not
fully seating. The filter is downstream of the relief valve &  the gage
is downstream of the filter, so either one could cause lower gage readings.

I guess I would change the filter first & then investigate the relief
valve for proper seating & free movement.

Dave Russell
BN2