re: vent windows

To: COPPIFAN@aol.com
Subject: re: vent windows
From: John Loftus <loftusdesign@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:37:35 -0700
Bill,

Short answer: yes, there is a nut which needs to be removed.

Longer answer:

The lower pin is a threaded stud which goes through a hat shaped bracket
fastened to the inside of the frame. There is a nut holding the stud and then a
thin washer, spring and another thin washer which maintains friction as the
vent window is turned (and helps to keep it from closing while driving). I
would think the nut could be removed from the inside of the door .. you might
need to use an extension on a socket to get to it. You'll need to be careful to
keep from losing the parts inside the door and may be a bit difficult to
reassemble in the close confines. I disassembled the door/frames when I did
mine but I was installing new door glass and having parts rechromed at the same
time.

Let me know if you need any pictures.