Re: vent windows

To: COPPIFAN@aol.com
Subject: Re: vent windows
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:25:11 +0800
Bill -
 On the underside of the vent window frame where the window's pivot rod goes
through, there's a little metal collar (the thing that's left on the rod
after you remove the nut, spring and pivot rod bracket).
 This little metal collar is a force fit (if I recall correctly, possibly a
drift pin fit, I don't remember)... well you can remove this little collar
(if forcefit, I think you can remove it with a couple flathead screwdrivers)
and it should pop right off. I do remember it coming off rather easily. Then
you can remove the vent window and replace the vent window rubber.
 Good Luck!
 Alan
 '53 BN1 '64 BJ8