Seat Slides

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat Slides
From: "John Homonek" <jhomonek@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 11:54:29 -0500
Ned,

glad you made it home OK with your new car.  On my recent restoration, the
seat slides were rotted beyond belief.  I used marine teak trim as slats
that were almost exactly the same width as the originals.  They are a little
taller (proud) giving you better clearance of the carpet with the insulation
underneath.  These are found at Boat US or other boating stores.  Just cut
to length and drill your holes.  Teak doesn't rot and will be there long
after we are gone.  Most boating stores should have teak trim pieces there.
A little more pricey ($10.00 for both sides if I remember correctly) than
regular wood but very little trimming required.

Good luck and welcome to the Atlanta Club.

John E. Homonek II

1959 BN7

1974 Jensen Healey