Need shipping help from a UK lister

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need shipping help from a UK lister
From: sooch@houston.rr.com
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:25:12 -0600
Hello folks,

I am trying to source a VW, Bosal, or Westfalia towing hitch for my VW
Golf.  The US dealers do not carry them at all, even though they are a
factory option in just about every other country that VW is sold.
There are even VW factory part numbers that I can supply.

Are any of you UK Healey parts suppliers out there, also dealers for
any of these brands?

What I am wondering is what it would take to have one of these shipped
to me in Houston.  I'm guessing it weighs 30 or so lbs.  I have one
supplier that wants 260GBP for shipping, and I feel that I can find a
way to do better.  Would anyone be willing to help me figure out how to
do this?  What would you expect to pay for shipping, and what kind of
customs hurdles should I expect to go through?

Thanks,
Chris
BJ8