Re: Tire Age & Related Problems

To: alan@andysnet.net
Subject: Re: Tire Age & Related Problems
From: Drtrite@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 22:29:23 EST
In a message dated 11/16/05 6:30:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
alan@andysnet.net writes:
I didn't go to the website to look but was the tire  10 years old or
better. I can't believe a steel belted radial would fail within 5000
miles unless the car was driven 500 miles per year for 10 tens.
Also, was the car a Texas car that sat in an overheated garage through
those horrific hot humid days you guys have down there?

The tires were purchased before one of our trips this summer. None of them
were more than 2 years old from shelf life. No under inflation or ultra high
speed driving. Didn't run over anything that I could tell.

Just a quality control problem.

The main point is that old tires will seperate and cause this type of damage.

Don