generator - alternator

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: generator - alternator
From: "Reinhart Rosner \(aon\)" <aon.912808691@aon.at>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 15:21:58 +0100
During the last years i did not notice the problems about electrictiy in my
100 as I always thought it was the batteries that were weak. In autumn it
was necessary to change the batteries but at the Austrian Alpine Rallye the
real cause was evident. After some hours driving through the pouring rain
with wiper and driving lights on, the new batteries would not even let my
starter say beep.
As a new law will force us to drive with the lights on all day (like in the
Scandinavian countries) I am thinking about improvements for my electrical
power supply.

Is there any chance to get out more power from the original generator?

Is changing to an alternator the better way?

Are there any spezial hints fort he European market regarding model and
mounting?

Will I have to change to negative ground or is it possible to keep it
positive?

Regards
Reinhart

Reinhart Rosner