Re: Badge Repairs

To: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Badge Repairs
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 23:47:08 -0600
I think what Simon is referring to is sold as JB Weld in the states, if the
post broke off clean I would try drilling the back of the badge ever so
slightly and inserting and gluing the post in place with JB weld, if there
is a stub of the post still there you might wrap some very thin sheet metal
(such as .005" or .01" brass sheet available at model  hobby stores) around
the stb and broken off piece to add some further surface for glue and
reinforcement.

Last but not least some silicone glue or caulk should hold it firmly in
place if you have another good peg to help it out, and fairly easy to remove
if needed.

Greg Lemon
54 Bn1