Fw: Badge Repairs

To: "AustinHealey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Badge Repairs
From: "Dick Matson" <MedLabInc@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:42:42 -0800
Good idea.
And could a small partial pre-made 'back plate/pin assembly' be JB'ed into the
backside of the badge.  Is there relief enough to do that or could relief
enough be made for such an assembly without spoiling the badge ?  If so you
could salvage your badge and nothing at all would show.

DM / Cashmere,  WA
Bj8

Subject: Re: Badge Repairs

I think your best bet would be to use a stainless steel backup plate
with the second pin welded to it. The backup plate should be trimmed to
the outline of the badge and maybe 22 GA. Use epoxy to bond the badge to
the stainless steel backer. Shouldn't be too noticeable.

Alan Schultz
HBJ8