Re: BJ8 Choke cables

To: Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: BJ8 Choke cables
From: <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:33:48 -0500
Jorge,

The heads of the two choke cables shoujld be a loose fit in the metal block.
If there is enough tension at the carbs the heads remain in the block and the
choke knob should be pulled back into the closed position.  There are several
fixes which have been mentioned and each should do fine, although I am not
crazy about the JB Weld idea.

I would first disconnect the choke levers at the carbs and see if they move
freely.  If not remedy that.  Next be certain that the cables slide smoothly in
their sleeves - all 3 cables!

As has been discussed before many BJ8s were fitted with a large return spring
on the front choke lever.  Mine has one.  If you have none try adding one.

Keith Pennell