Re: BJ8 Choke cables

To: "Healeys Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BJ8 Choke cables
From: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:21:43 -0800
The method I use on my car is the addition of springs to pull the cables
back.  I attached springs to the cotter keys at the carb end of the cables
and secured them to a suitable location on the chassis below the carbs.
There are existing holes and lips available for this.  This will pull the
cables back which I believe is better than trying to push them.  You just
need to experiment to find springs that are strong enough to pull the
cables down but not so strong that engaging the choke is difficult.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA
1967 3000 MKIII HBJ8L39031

<healeys@autox.team.net>; Patton Dickson <kpdii@earthlink.net>