Fw: Paint scheme and originality, was: RE: Value Insanity

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Paint scheme and originality, was: RE: Value Insanity
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:30:32 -0500
 Hi Dallas,

 Very early on, when we began the whole Concours Registry, there were at
that
 time no Longbridge Healey production records known to exist. The only
 records Heritage had were just for the Abingdon built cars. Therefore it
was
 pretty much impossible to determine how a car had possibly been finished
and
 how it had been equipped (colours and options).
 In addition it was felt that if someone were to find for instance that
their
 car had originally been a colour that the owner truly hated, why should the
issue of the original colour for that car be forced upon the owner if he
wanted to build what he hoped would be a Gold level car.
 Therefore we decided that for this whole Concours Registry thing to work
and
 be reasonable, we decided not to require a Heritage certificate to be
 produced as a part of the judging. We would judge based on the requirement
 that the colours, details, etc. be pertinent to the series of manufacture,
 and that this carry through the entire car.

Rich