Re: BARRETT JACKSON WEST PALM BEACH

To: Bill Gildea <bill@execrecruiter.com>
Subject: Re: BARRETT JACKSON WEST PALM BEACH
From: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 22:16:31 -0700
This was a 1960 BT7 by Tom Rocke of Riverside, California.  Tom is a
friend of mine and is helping me with my BN2 restoration.   I talked to
him about this Monday Morning upon his return from Palm Beach.  Even he
was stunned by the $125,000 sale price before commissions.  It was a
record for a standard 6 cylinder 4 seater.  Tom attributes it to the
color scheme and the fact that the car was a VERY nice fresh
restoration.  Still a lot of money for this type of car.  Immediately
after the auction he got several offers to build exact copies for a
guaranteed $90,000 each, but Tom refused and told  most of these guys to
sober up and go home and talk to the Minister of Finance (wife) and then
call back next week.  He's betting there won't be one call.

--
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite