Re: BARRETT JACKSON WEST PALM BEACH

To: Ed <justbrits@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: BARRETT JACKSON WEST PALM BEACH
From: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 08:19:42 -0700
Ed wrote:
> <<Being a "100 point" car is NOT what sells these vehicles at these
> auctions.>>
>
> Mostly, agree Mike.
>
> <snip>
>
> <<  The restorer that sold that car does not claim to have built a
> 100 point car...>>
>
> The description opens with
> <quote>
> This is a 100-point car, complete ...
> </quote>
>
> So IMHO, the car IS mis-represented.
>
> <snip>
>
> << All of the big sellers probably do this also.>>
>
> Agreed.
>
> Ed

Ed,
     I don't think the buyer cares if it is actually a "100 point" car.
It LOOKS like a "100 point" car under the auction lights to him because
everything is so shiny and new.  Except for people on this list and a
few others, I don't think anyone that buys these auction cars cares if
it is actually a 100 point car or not, it looks brand new to them.

--
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite