Re: Front hub question

To: "Ruud Gubbels" <rgubbels@home.nl>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front hub question
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 15:56:23 -0500
I agree with the comment about fixing the situation, if the rubbing does not
cause the spokes to break, they will certainly stretch leading to your wire
wheel wearing out, and loose spokes also cause chafing to your tube and flat
tires, none of this is good.

What I would do would depend on how you drive the car, if slow the middle of
lane then 48 spokes is the most straighforward and original response.

If fast around the apex of the turn you probably want to stay with 60 spokes
or even 72, but you need to get the special wheels as noted.

Lastly, converting to disk brakes from a later car will solve the problem I
believe, may sound drastic, but if you compare the price of wire wheels to
new discs, pads and used appropriate hardware if you can get it probably not
all that much different (assuming you do labor yourself, is a bolt deal.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1