Re: Front hub question

To: tammie wall <whammie@iopener.net>
Subject: Re: Front hub question
From: Robert Larson <robertlarson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 16:02:22 -0400
you can also have a machine shop make you a spacer conforming to the
angle of the hub/wheel which might be the least expensive course of
action if you already have the 60 spoke wheels. there will be no problem
on the rears. years ago, i had a 100M where i had the same problem and
the spacers on the front solved the fouling on the front drums.

>jerry wall

This is an issue that has come up in the past and the spacer solution
has been mentioned before.  If I remember correctly ( Some Old-Timers
here), someone was going to look into running a batch of these.  Has
this been done or does anyone have a source for these shy of custom
machining?    1 and 2 of's can get pretty expensive.

If not..  Maybe Don Lenschow of Dun-Rite Tool  will be reading this
thread and consider adding this to his Austin-Healey line of products if
enough  express interest.   I'm interested and would purchase now for
future use.  Not at the "need now"  point but it will be an issue as I
have new 60 spoke chrome Dunlops on hand for future use and a test fit
did reveal the problem.

Bob
55BN1   Original 48 spoke painted and 60 spoke chrome wheels on hand