Fw: cold start bore dilution

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: cold start bore dilution
From: "David Ward" <david@bighealey.ltd.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 15:28:56 +0100
 Hello Michael,
 You are 100% correct and I completely agree with you on this one.
 During the 1950 and 1960 it was almost an unwritten rule that motorists
 added Redex upper cylinder lubricant to the gasoline when you filled up
your
 automobile, every petrol station had a dispenser near the pump and you
added
 yourself or the attendant did it for you,  it was possible to have a one
 penny shot, or a "long" one for ten pence.
 Even to-day I purchase Redex in gallon tins and give the carbs a "drink" of
 it out of the oil can about once a month, you will get white smoke, but it
 lubricates the dry exhaust valves and cylinder bores and hills that you
 previously had to change down for you will now simply fly up in top gear,
it
 is almost like taking the handbrake off.
 How is that for re-inventing the wheel?.
 Regards.
 David.