Re: transmission oil

To: "Tom Syperski" <tom.syperski@sev.org>,
Subject: Re: transmission oil
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 21:52:01 -0400
We've covered this over and over, but in short, detergent oils keep
everything in suspension. That means all the contaminants and wearing
material is constantly roaming around the gearbox and overdrive, through
bearings, the o/d pump, etc.

The idea of specifying a non detergent oil is to allow these nasty bits to
settle to the bottom of the box and stay there until the next draining and
oil change.

Rich Chrysler