Door help

To: Austin Healey-List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Door help
From: Richard Hosmer <rahosmer@citlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 06:52:21 -0700
Listers,

I see that on my post of (late) last night, I used the word "facing" when
the manual reads "casing", if that caused any confusion.

One WOULD think that the inner handle must come off first, but, I'd hoped,
given the order of the instructions that that MIGHT not be true, especially
since the roadster door is less complicated than that of a BJ8.

The handle is somehow jammed (by what I assume is a broken rusty spring) and
its surrounding "cup" will NOT just "push back" as the manual so blithely
suggests.

Unfortunately, the car is neatly parked in its little slot in such a way,
that with the drivers door shut, any sort of working access to the inside of
it is VERY difficult. I'm going to HAVE to somehow get the door open, even
if done "incorrectly", and the car moved, before ANY sort of proper repair
will be possible.

Thanks again for any suggestions.

Dick Hosmer