Re: Healey Club Magazines again

To: eschulz@frontiernet.net, mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net,
Subject: Re: Healey Club Magazines again
From: Jwhlyadv@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 00:50:31 EDT
In my almost 30 years of membership in both clubs (600+ magazine arrivals),
I have yet to receive one dog eared or mutilated. I have complete sets dating
back to 1972, all in pristine condition (except a few I spilled Whisky on) to
 prove it.

I've been a member through Editor Reid, Editor Gary, Editor Reid again,
Editor Gary again and a dozen in between. Now we have both Editor Reid and
Editor
Gary and I think we are blessed with two of the best in the  business.

The strictly Tech information attitude gets old quickly. When people first
join a club that is what they are looking for. I always tell them to buy
Norm's book as a first step. Remember the book is just a collection of articles

that Norm was kind enough to write for the magazines, for free, the first  time.

The successful local clubs are the ones who bring in the wives and families
and take the initial common interest and develop it into shared experiences
of friendships and fun. The successful club leaders are the ones who have been
around forever but are still the first to welcome a newcomer and lend a  hand.

Editors have to find a balance between all needs and it is a thankless job.
I think both magazines are the currently the best we have ever had.

My .02 worth.

Thanks,
Jim Werner
Louisville, KY