RE: Healey Club Magazines again

To: Reid Trummel <editor_reid@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Healey Club Magazines again
From: Yellow 65BJ8 <rnbmail@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 14:48:41 -0700 (PDT)
Reid,

Enough excuses - please.  Frankly, you sound pathetic,
and I you are not.  Get a grip on the problem -
mailmen don't care about open junk mails mags.

Every other classic car mag that I receive is baged.

Figure out the cost, do the maths, and raise the mag
price - what is the problem - it's not rocket science.

Listen to your customers whining ................

Robert, San Jose.

--- Reid Trummel <editor_reid@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I somewhat reluctantly step into this conversation
> since, as the editor,
> this is actually outside of my purview (I edit the
> mag; I don't do the
> printing or mailing).  However, here's what I know:
>
> I understand that it would cost about $6000 per year
> to "polybag" each issue
> of "Healey Marque."  That's a pretty significant
> addition to the budget.
>
> A way to approach this subject is through your local
> Delegate, perhaps
> asking them to canvass the membership of your Area
> Club, to better determine
> how widespread this problem may be.  Then, if
> warranted, he/she could raise
> the subject at a Delegates' Meeting.
>
> It is very likely that it is your local Post Office
> that is doing the
> damage.  A word (a complaint) there might help.  We
> have seen some evidence
> that selected Post Offices/Processing Centers seem
> to be guilty of routinely
> damaging mags, while most do not seem to do so.
>
> I wish there were  a better, quicker, cheaper
> solution, but unless and until
> the USPS has a little more competition in this
> market segment, it's unlikely
> that this problem will stop.  While you're at your
> Post Office, you might
> also mention that they are often far, far too slow
> to deliver a periodical
> that is supposed to be handled at Periodical Rate.
> For example, I just got
> my May issue in the mail Thursday, meaning that it
> took more than two weeks!
>   TIME and Newsweek are mailed at the same
> rate/class as Healey Marque, but
> they'd soon go out of business if the USPS handled
> them so slowly.  (My
> theory is that TIME and and Newsweek have bigger
> legal departments than the
> AHCA.)
>
> Reid Trummel
> Editor, Healey Marque...
> ...son of a career USPS employee

Robert - Yellow 65BJ8
rnbmail@yahoo.com
Cell: 408-221-5244

If this email message has been received by you in error, please contact the
sender asap - Thank You.