Re: Healey Marque Mag - damage survey please

To: Yellow 65BJ8 <rnbmail@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Healey Marque Mag - damage survey please
From: "J. Scott Morris" <jstmorris@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 21:30:25 -0400 (EDT)
Hello Robert;

  I disagree with you about a survey on this list.  The Healey List has nothing
to do with either the "Healey Marque" magazine put out by the AHCA nor "Austin
Healey" magazine put out by the AHCUSA.  If a survey is desired, then I suggest
you request that through either national club.   The survey could be put on the
web site of the national club and advertised through this list, the British Car
Forum and other means.  At this point in time, for the "Healey Marque", the
best way to get something done is to speak to your delegate who will be meeting
within roughly one month at the upcoming conclave.

  I have been a member of AHCA since 1978 and of AHCUSA since the late 90's.
In all those years, I can not recall ever receiving my magazine from either
club in anything but good condition.  But if I did get one in poor condition, I
would get on to my local club delegate and see what could be done about getting
a replacement; hopefully, at no cost.

  While I have not been a national delegate, nor served in any capacity at the
national level, in my local club, the AHC of Southern Ontario, I have fulfilled
numerous roles over the years.  One of those roles was as editor of our local
newsletter.  So from both considerable observation and hands on experience, I
can say that the volunteer effort given by the editors and executive of any
club needs to be fully recognized and they all deserve a large thank you for
their dedication.  In any club I've been in, it is always a very small group
who seem to make everything happen while the vast majority of members simply
have a good time.  That seems to be the way it is.

  So to editors Reid and Gary, thank you for your time, energy and efforts.
While I may like technical and historical articles the best, I find both
magazines to be fairly balanced.  And if I have a beef, I will contact you
directly or contact my delegate.  I most certainly will not vent here on the
Healey List.

  Time to get back to more serious discussions like Healeys.

  --Scott Morris  ['62 3000 MkII BT7-driver;  '60 3000 MkI BN7-project]
    Simcoe, Ontario, Canada

Yellow 65BJ8 <rnbmail@yahoo.com> wrote: << Reid,   I have been vocal on this
for over a year now, and here I am again bitching about it again.  I have the
solution - heads up.....

Run a survey on this list, and if 51% say yes in a 1 month long vote to a
plastic bag wrap, and additional cost if necessary, for the mag - that is the
decision.
Then have the folks go do it.

Please forward this mail to the rest of the Marque managment team, so that we
do not have to revisit the 'I'm just the Editor' thing again.

Come on Reid, the Editor is KING - after the customer.

Editor Robert.
Best, Robert, San Jose.
Robert - Yellow 65BJ8   rnbmail@yahoo.com    Cell: 408-221-5244

J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives