Idle adjustment

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Idle adjustment
From: "Walton Curl" <WCURL@mail.mcg.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 09:04:21 -0400
I have a 60 BT7, and I recently had carbs rebuilt, but I can't get the
idle down below 1100 rpms on the rear carb, the front carb will stall
out as I screw the throttle adjusting screw down, the rear carb,
however, will not stall or decrease below about 1100 rpm's even with the
screw set all the way down.  The only way to balance the carbs is to set
the front at the same idle speed.  The throttle screw seems to be fine
(no obvious defects in it),  could this be from an air leak through the
shaft or through the throttle plate?  Any thoughts would be
appreciated.

Walt Curl