RE: Idle adjustment

To: "Healeys Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Idle adjustment
From: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 08:16:10 -0700
Walt:  I have mentioned this before, based upon a similar experience, but
it bears repeating.  Everything else on the engine must be correct before
trying to adjust the carbs.  Adjust valves, check compression, clean and
gap spark plugs, clean or replace points if you have them, adjust dwell,
check vacuum advance, set timing.  Only after all these things are correct
should one attempt to adjust the carbs.  My problem was an improperly
adjusted valve.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA
1967 3000 MKIII HBJ8L39031