Re: fuel pump problems

To: ahbugeye1@juno.com
Subject: Re: fuel pump problems
From: "James E Austin, Jr." <ahbugeye1@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 21:13:48 -0400
 Thanks to all who answered my plea for help.  Your e-mails have given me
suggested sources to send the pump for repair, but before I send it off,
I feel that I should open this thing up.  I maybe wrong, please tell me
if I am,  but I am probably going to have to install a new diaphragm in
the pump anyway, whether I take it a part or they take it a part.

Before I open it, I need to ask a couple more question, out of my
ignorance.

1. Being a positive ground, what would happen if has been hooked up as a
negative ground.  Would this cause any
    electrical damage?  I don't know if the P.O might have bench tested
the unit or not.

2. There is a diode inside the unit.  What can cause damage to it and
what is the result of that damage?

3.  Where can I buy a new diaphragm or a repair kit?  Moss does not carry
this model anymore according to the
     on-line catalog and I am not sure  what  AHSPARES carries.

Thank you so much for your help.

Sam Austin