Pertronix igniter

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pertronix igniter
From: "Robert Bender" <rbender1@berkshire.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 18:06:03 -0400
I'm considering changing from Pos. ground to Neg. ground on my 100 BN2. I
have a few questions.  I'd like to get a Pertronix Igniter but I'm getting
conflicting model numbers. My distributor is a type DM2 #40520 (100-M).  I
think the model Igniter I should get is LU149. Can anyone confirm that?
Other sources say LU241 but I think that's for distributors with the points
perpendicular to the vacuum advance.

I don't presently use a ballast resistor, will I need one with the Pertronix
Igniter?  One last question: If I switch from 2 six volt batteries to 1 12
volt, will I be able to get as much cranking power?  Does anyone know the
optimum 12 volt battery to fit where one 6 volt battery used to fit?  Thanks
for the help.