Re: Pertronix igniter

To: "Robert Bender" <rbender1@berkshire.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Pertronix igniter
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:23:32 +0800
Robert -

You don't need a ballast resistor, the main thing is to get a coil with
40,000 volts or less.

Get a gel battery if you go 12 volt, they are the best battery you could
ever get for a healey.  There are a couple of brands out there... including
the "Optima" I think you can get at Walmart and Exide sells the "Orbital".
These batteries don't gas off or leak acid... and they have oodles of
cranking power even with the crap charging system on a healey.

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8