Re: Bearings and M***

To: "GARY MOOMAU" <moomau@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Bearings and M***
From: Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 10:02:52 -0700
At least in my experience, Moss very often has parts of quality as
good as anyone's.  Now and then (such as the last time I bought front
wheel bearings for my early BN1.  It needs thrust type ball bearings
and Moss sent regular ones.) they don't.

People like Michael Grant at Moss are trying their best to provide
quality parts and accurate descriptions of alternatives, so we can
choose between 'cheap' and 'good'.  There may also be bean counters
there whose only objective is to locate the lowest cost supplier of an
item, and who don't understand our desire to maintain or improve
quality.  We may need to educate them.  Such is life.

Suppliers come and go, and some times distributors and retailers like
Moss get blindsided by a poor quality supplier along with the rest of
us.  The king pin problem is a case in point.  Moral:  in serious
cases contact Michael Grant.

-Roland